Wednesday 25 February 2015

Raw key Lime pie. .. .. .. . ॐ



Why have a I put the well known symbol for Om / Aum ~  in the title of this key lime recipe?
~ Because this pie, which I accidentally stumbled across on Instagram ... through a small trail of lovely posters, was as pretty close as you can get to having a spiritual experience making and eating a dessert. 
It's heavenly. The ingredients react and go together beautifully. 

As a side note: for those that aren't into spiritual or religious themes - "Om"  is a powerful and mystical sound originating from Hinduism ~ and I remember once reading - that it was the first sound in the universe... what a neat description.

Back to this pie.
It originated from a talented blogger and Instagramer called 'Gloriously delicious' and I accessed it through 2 Instagram profiles - 'mangoandbliss' and 'lovenourishbloom'.
You ladies have done me a huge favour.
I'm so in love with this pie. I would never have thought of marrying these ingredients together - but it's opened a whole new world to me.
I have changed the recipe to make it my own and am so pleased with the results.

Love - love - Love .... and gratitude. 
(deep breath).
~Om.


Raw key Lime Pie


Base.
1 cup pecan nuts
1/3 cup almond flour
1/3 cup walnuts
1 Tbl. goji berries
1 Tbl. chia seeds
3 or 4 dates
add a few drops of water if more stickiness needed

Filling.
soak 1/2 cup raw cashews for at least 2 hours
2 medium - large avocados
2 large juicy limes and their rind (put aside 1/2 of the rind scrapings of one of the limes if using for garnishing)
2 or 3 Tbl. sweetener - I used Maple syrup (taste test to see if more/less needed)
1/4 cup water (more if blender needs it)
2 Tbl. coconut oil
salt to taste

* I used an 18cm spring form pan. And I did line the bottom and then also the inside of the pan with cling wrap. I like to prepare this before I start making the pie.

Mix base ingredients and as stated above - the tiniest amount of water only needed to make the ingredients turn super stickier. 
Then transfer and press into the bottom of a spring form pan. I know it's not ideal - but use cling wrap if you want a super easy tidy finish and pie that's easy to remove.
Let it sit in the freezer while you make the filling. 

Discard the water the cashews were soaking in and blend well all the other ingredients - taste testing to suit your own preference for sweetness and saltiness. 
If your blender is straining to mix- add a little water at a time.

Pour mixture onto base and place into the freezer.
It should take at least 2 hours to set - 3 or 4 even better.
It seems to taste even better the next day!
I prefer to leave it in the fridge - as I like a soft cake I don't have to defrost for 1/2 an hour to serve or eat.

Leave as is or garnish with thin lime slices or some of the lime rind sprinkled all over the top.

It slices beautifully. .. .  Enjoy!


.   .   .   .   .

Remember to always ... serve Love at your table.
© Magdika Cecilia Pérez  
(for : serve Love at your table)











No comments:

Post a Comment